Hours of Operation/Reservations
- Monday – Thursday: 8:00 am to 12:00 pm and 1:00pm – last pick up is 4:30 pm.
- Friday 8:00am – last pick up is 1:30 pm.
- Curb-to-curb service is provided to all citizens of Cowley and Chautauqua Counties.
- Closed in Observation of All Legal Holidays.
- Call 620-221-7020 or 1-877-491-3984 to schedule a ride. Riders are encouraged to call 24 hours in advance to ensure the best time.
- Ride reservations are scheduled on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please note: Not all requests may be accommodated.
- The bus may arrive 15 minutes prior to or after the scheduled pick-up time. Passengers must be ready to board the agency vehicle at the scheduled pick-up time.
- Upon arrival, the bus driver will wait no longer than 2 minutes and will not be able to return because of scheduling. After 1st no show a notice will be sent, after 2nd no show we will request a fee and there will be a one-week suspension, and a 3rd no show will result in a 30-day suspension. All no shows after the 3rd will result in a 30-day suspension. A person has the right to appeal any suspension to the CCCA Board of Directors.
- A passenger who believes he/she has suffered a grievance should immediately communicate the matter to the Executive Director (620-221-7020) in an attempt to arrive at a satisfactory solution, and/or how to proceed.
Cancellations must be made at least one hour prior to the scheduled pick-up time. If the dispatcher is contacted less than one hour from the scheduled pick-up time the rider will be considered a no show.
In the event of bad weather, we will follow the USD 465 & 470 School Districts closures. If either district is closed the Shuttle Bus will not run and the office will be closed. Watch the local news station or listen to the local radio for closures.
Fees for Rides
- $2.00 per person per ride within the city limits.
- $5.00 per person per ride outside the city limits (Available on Tuesday and Thursday).
- Trips to Wichita are $25.00 one way or $35.00 round trip (Available on Tuesday, Wednesday &Thursday).
- Punch cards can be purchased at the office 700 Gary, Suite C Winfield, KS or from the driver for $20.00 for 13 punches.
- There will be a $30.00 fee for each returned check.
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult (18 years or older). Passengers under the age of one (1) year must be in an approved rear facing carrier/car seat. The shuttle buses are equipped with a booster seat.
- PASSENGERS MUST BE PHYSICALLY ABLE TO ENTER AND LEAVE THE AGENCY VEHICLE. (Drivers may aid passengers to assure safety but cannot lift passengers or leave the proximity of the agency vehicle).
- Agency vehicles with hydraulic lifts for wheelchairs or for those who wish to use a lift instead of stairs are available. We have a CURB-to-CURB Policy. Passengers will be picked up from a sidewalk or driveway and transported to the sidewalk or driveway of their destination. Passengers are required to get to and from the agency vehicle without the assistance of the system driver. The driver will not accompany passengers between the agency vehicle and the doors of the passenger’s origin or destination. The driver shall assist individuals with disabilities with the use of securement systems, ramps and lifts. The trip will not be denied if a wheelchair cannot be secured as long as all parties agree. For safety reasons wheelchair passengers who are unable to manage their chair alone shall have someone accompany them. Those who require special accommodations should notify the dispatcher when scheduling their ride. We ask that you give us 24-hour notice to ensure we allow enough time to load and unload your chair.
- Rides may be arranged for same day service if scheduling permits. Rides scheduled in advance have priority.
* Passengers must inform dispatcher of their destinations when arranging for a ride.
* Passengers must make cancellations and changes of destination thru dispatcher (not the driver).
- Drivers are not allowed to wait for passengers to run errands.
- Due to limited space and the safety of all passengers the number of groceries, bags or boxes will be limited to 4-5 plastic (Walmart size) bags. No large items such as TV’s, vacuums, oversized boxes, equipment, tools etc. will be allowed. Items must be secured as not to slide forward and cause injury to the driver or other passengers in case of an accident or sudden stop. Passengers must be able to secure their own packages and must be able to personally carry them on and off the agency vehicle. Medical equipment such as oxygen tanks, etc. are permitted and do not have to be secured. CCCA will not be held liable for any damages to packages that may occur during transport.
- No items are to be left in the agency vehicle while the passenger shops at other stores.
- Drivers will use their judgment about the safety of the roadway.
- While service animals are allowed, all other pets must be in a pet carrier.
- No smoking, vaping, e-cigarettes or chewing tobacco is allowed on the agency vehicles.
- No unsealed containers of alcohol, gasoline or other highly combustible materials on the agency vehicles.
- Passengers and drivers must remain seated and wear seatbelts until their destination is reached.
- Passengers must wear headphones while listening to handheld devices in the agency vehicles.
- Inappropriate conduct, including behaviors which present a danger to the driver or other riders will not be tolerated. They include but are not limited to: intoxication, fighting, arguing, threatening of anyone on the vehicle, use of foul language, and sexual harassment. At the driver’s discretion a rider who engages in persistently inappropriate and/or dangerous behavior will be required to vacate the vehicle. Any riders’ behavior that poses a safety hazard to him/herself or others caused by misplaced bodily fluids, disregard for cleanliness, being under the influence of drugs or alcohol, or anything deemed a public health hazard will be denied transportation. The rider will receive one warning in writing and the next occurrence within a 12-month period will result in a 60-day suspension and a third offense will result in a one-year suspension. Driver, with the approval of the director may put a rider off the bus or call the authorities if necessary.
- No persons will be allowed to ride that cause a disturbance, are disrespectful or belligerent towards other passengers or employees which includes drivers and office personnel.
- We are unable to transport bicycles in the agency vehicles.
Funding provided by: Kansas Department of Transportation, Cowley County Mill Levy & Rider fees